Carrot- Coconut Soup
How to Make Carrot- Coconut Soup
- 1Wash your carrots, but don't bother peeling them(just cut off the ends). Then slice your carrots into 1 inch coins and place into a medium sized pot.
- 2Pour the chicken stock into the pot (it should just barely cover the carrots)
- 3Add the chiles, (or 1 T red pepper flakes if you don't have them)the ground ginger, and the garlic powder. Cover and bring to a simmer
- 4After 30 minutes check the carrots with a fork, it should go in without resistance, if not check in 5 more minutes.
- 5Once carrots are tender, use a stick blender or a regular blender to puree the mixture until smooth. Then add the coconut milk, salt and pepper and blend once more. Make sure to taste it at this point to see if you need to add any more salt or pepper.
- 6If you dare, you can also try adding a T of curry for an even more exotic flavor.