Carrot- Coconut Soup
2 lbcarrots, chopped
1 qtchicken stock
2small chiles, dried
1 tspground ginger
2 dash(es)garlic powder
1 can(s)coconut milk, unsweetened
3 1/2 - 4 tspsalt
How to Make Carrot- Coconut Soup
- Wash your carrots, but don't bother peeling them(just cut off the ends). Then slice your carrots into 1 inch coins and place into a medium sized pot.
- Pour the chicken stock into the pot (it should just barely cover the carrots)
- Add the chiles, (or 1 T red pepper flakes if you don't have them)the ground ginger, and the garlic powder. Cover and bring to a simmer
- After 30 minutes check the carrots with a fork, it should go in without resistance, if not check in 5 more minutes.
- Once carrots are tender, use a stick blender or a regular blender to puree the mixture until smooth. Then add the coconut milk, salt and pepper and blend once more. Make sure to taste it at this point to see if you need to add any more salt or pepper.
- If you dare, you can also try adding a T of curry for an even more exotic flavor.