4 Tbspunsalted butter (1/2 stick)
2 cfinely chopped yellow onions
12 largecarrots,peeled and chopped
4 cchicken stock
1 cfresh orange juice
·salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
·grated orange zest, to taste
How to Make Carrot and Orange Soup
- Melt butter over low heat in a large heavy pot. Add the onions,cover, and cook until tender and lightly colored, about 25 minutes.
- Add the carrots and stock and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat,cover, and simmer until the carrots are very tender, about 30 minutes.
- Pour the soup through a strainer and transfer solids to a food processor, or use a food mill fitted with a medium disc. Add 1 cup of the cooking stock and process until smooth.
- Return the puree to the pot and add the orange juice and 2 to 3 cups more stock, until the soup is of desired consistency.
- Season with salt and pepper;add the orange zest. Simmer until heated through. Serve immediately.