How to Make Cabbage Soup
- 1Brown pork sausage in large soup pot, add diced onion and celery continue to brown.
- 2Add a small amount of chicken broth before adding 1/2 of the head of cabbage cubed, allow cabbage to brown.
- 3Meanwhile place both red potatoes in microwave to pre-cook.
- 4After potatoes are soft enough, leave skin on for touch of color, cube and add to soup pot.
- 5Add 2 tablespoons of butter, salt and pepper to taste.
- 6Add rest of chicken stock, remaining cabbage sliced or cubed and water for desired thickness; heat until tender.
- 7Serve and enjoy!