How to Make Cabbage Gumbo
- Cut Bacon, cabbage,and onion into bit size pieces. Cook until crisped. save bacon drippings.
- While the bacon is cooking combined cabbage and onion in a large pot.
- Add tomatoes, corn, and orka. On top of Cabbage and onion. DO NOT DRAIN TOMATOES.Juice goes in the pot too.
- After bacon has cooked add to the pot with the drippings.
- Place a lid on it and let cook on med for 15min make sure you stir the pot. If you dont it will burn.
- After 15 min turn down to low. Simmer until doneness of cabbage you like. Remember to stir the pot. (about another 20 min)
- Serve with Cornbread