1 largespanish onion, sliced
3 largecarrots, sliced
1 largebutternut squash, peeled and cut into 1" chunks
6 cchicken stock
·"just a pinch" of salt
·"just a pinch" of pepper
How to Make Butternut Bisque
- Heat oil in a 4 quart pot.
- Add onions and carrots; Cook until onions are softened, about 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Add squash and 4 cups stock; Bring to boil.
- Simmer, covered, until vegetables are soft, about 20 minutes.
- Strain solids from liquid, reserving both.
- Puree solids in processor or in batches in blender until completely smooth; Return to pot.
- Stir in liquid, remaining stock and water to thin soup - Soup should be thick.
- Season to taste with salt, nutmeg and pepper; Serve hot, garnished with chives.
- Refrigerate up to 4 days or freeze up to 3 months.