Brown Vegetable Stock1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
- yellow onions, quartered
- red onion, quartered
- carrots, cut in 1" chunks
- leeks, cut in chunks
- celery stalks cut in chunks
- garlic clove, halved
- bay leaf
How to Make Brown Vegetable Stock
- 1Preheat the oven to 450.
- 2Put the cut vegetables in a heavy baking pan; roast in the oven, uncovered, stirring occasionally, for about 1 hour.
- 3Transfer the vegetables to a stockpot; cover with 2 quarts water.
- 4Bring to a boil and simmer, covered, for 1 hour; strain.
- 5Cool to room temperature and refrigerate for up to 4 days or freeze for up to 1 week.