- 4 or 5
- medium large potatoes, peeled and cubed
- florets from 1 or 2 heads of broccoli, the stems either tossed or peeled and cubed
- 1 or2 Tbsp
- dried minced onion or fresh if you wish
- 1 box
- velveeta cheese cubed
- 1 qt
- milk, any fat percentage you drink
- salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Broccoli Potato Cheese Soup
- 1Place cubed potatoes, broccoli,and onions in a large pot and add enough water to cover.
- 2Boil till potatoes can be pierced with a fork but dont fall apart.
- 3Pour off water and add milk. If milk doesn't cover add a little extra. If you don't want to waste the water and risk losing the onions, you can add enough dry milk flakes to make milk and then proceed to next step.
- 4Add cheese to milk and heat slowly over low heat stirring occasionally till cheese is all melted in. Add seasoning early in this process. Taste. Serve.