Broccoli, Potato, and Cheese Soup
5 cvegetable stock
3 cpotatoes diced (1/2 in cubes)
3 cbroccoli florets (i like to chopped mine)
1 cheavy cream
3 ccheddar cheese, grated
1/2 tspblack peppper
How to Make Broccoli, Potato, and Cheese Soup
- Make a roux. Begin by melting butter in a small saucepan over low heat. Add flour and whisk constantly for 3 minutes. Set aside.
- In a large stock pot, combine stock and potatoes. Bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes.
- Whisk in roux and stir constantly until soup has thickened.
- Add broccoli and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients and heat over low heat for 10 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Server with some warm bread or even in a bread bowl. Makes for a great meal.