Broccoli Cheese Soup
Jessica Schwausch Lunsford
(not my personal picture, this was found on the internet.)
- 1/2 c
- unsalted butter, or margarine
- 1 medium
- onion, chopped finely
- 16 oz
- (one package) frozen broccoli florets
- 4 can(s)
- chicken broth
- 1 lb
- velveeta cheese, cubed
- 2 c
- whole milk
- 1 Tbsp
- garlic powder
- 2/3 c
- 1 c
- 2 tsp
- pepper, to tase
How to Make Broccoli Cheese Soup
- 1In a large pot, melt butter, and saute onions until very soft.
- 2Add frozen broccoli, and cover with chicken broth (it might not take all 4 cans, reserve some for when its done to determine thickness)
Bring to a boil, and let cook until desired softness.
I cook mine until its falling apart.
- 3Add cubed cheese, stir until all melted.
- 4Mix milk and garlic and pour into soup, stir.
- 5In a small bowl, combine water and cornstarch.
After milk and garlic are stirred in completely, add cornstarch mixture. Cook until thick.
- 6Add salt and pepper. Sometimes, it will need more salt, depending on your taste.