Broccoli Cheese Soup
Jessica Schwausch Lunsford
(not my personal picture, this was found on the internet.)
1/2 cunsalted butter, or margarine
1 mediumonion, chopped finely
16 oz(one package) frozen broccoli florets
4 can(s)chicken broth
1 lbvelveeta cheese, cubed
2 cwhole milk
1 Tbspgarlic powder
·pepper, to tase
How to Make Broccoli Cheese Soup
- In a large pot, melt butter, and saute onions until very soft.
- Add frozen broccoli, and cover with chicken broth (it might not take all 4 cans, reserve some for when its done to determine thickness)
Bring to a boil, and let cook until desired softness.
I cook mine until its falling apart.
- Add cubed cheese, stir until all melted.
- Mix milk and garlic and pour into soup, stir.
- In a small bowl, combine water and cornstarch.
After milk and garlic are stirred in completely, add cornstarch mixture. Cook until thick.
- Add salt and pepper. Sometimes, it will need more salt, depending on your taste.