Broccoli Cheddar Soup
- 3 Tbsp
- 1 c
- chopped onion
- 1 large
- potato, peeled and cubed
- 2 c
- chicken stock (or substitute vegetable stock)
- 1 c
- shredded cheddar cheese (any cheese you prefer works)
- 1 1/2 c
- steamed broccoli florets
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
How to Make Broccoli Cheddar Soup
- 1Melt butter in a large skillet. Add onion and cook until tender but now brown. Stir in potato and stock and cook at a simmer until potato is completely cooked. Mash potato with a fork.
- 2Stir in cheese. Bring soup to a simmer and stir until cheese is melted. Add broccoli, salt, pepper, and cream and heat thoroughly. Do not boil. Serve hot with a bit more shredded cheese sprinkled on top.
- 3NOTE: If you like a smoother soup you may puree in a blender before serving.