☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 6 c
- broccoli, chopped
- 2 c
- low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 medium
- onion, chopped
- 2 Tbsp
- fresh lemon juice
- 1 large
- garlic clove, minced
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 c
- skim milk
- small broccoli florets, to garnish, optional
How to Make Broccoli Bisque
- 1In large saucepan, combine chopped broccoli, broth, onion, lemon juice, garlic, pepper and 1 cup water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium; cook, covered, 12-15 minutes, until broccoli is tender, adding more water, 1 tablespoon at a time, if liquid begins to evaporate.
- 2Transfer broccoli mixture to food processor; puree until smooth.
- 3Return broccoli mixture to saucepan; stir in milk. Cook over low heat, stirring frequently, until hot (do not boil).
- 4Just before serving, ladle soup evenly into 4 soup bowls; garnish each portion with broccoli florets if desired.
- 5EACH SERVING (1 1/2 CUPS) PROVIDES: 1/4 Milk, 3 1/2 Vegetables, 10 Optional Calories
- 6PER SERVING: 85 Calories, 1 g Total Fat, 0 g Saturated Fat, 1 mg Cholesterol, 95 mg Sodium, 13 g Total Carbohydrate, 4 g Dietary Fiber, 7 g Protein, 146 mg Calcium; 1 points