Broccoli and Potato Soup
- heads broccoli stemmed and cut into small florets
- 1/2 c
- olive oil
- salt to taste
- 2 Tbsp
- 1 large
- onion chopped
- 6 clove
- garlic minced
- 1/2 lb
- potatoes peeled and thinly sliced
- juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 1 c
- chicken or vegetable stock
- shaved or grated parmesan cheese to finish
How to Make Broccoli and Potato Soup
- 1Boil or steam the broccoli until soft. Add 2 tbsp. oil to large pot and sear the broccoli in a single layer until dark brown on one side. Remove with slotted spoon and repeat adding more oil until all broccoli is done. Season with salt and Set aside.
- 2Reduce heat to medium add butter and remaining oil to pan. Add the onions and garlic and cook about 4 minutes. Add potatoes to pot and 4 cups of water. Season with salt.
- 3Bring to a boil and cook until potatoes are tender. Add the chicken stock and broccoli. Cook until broccoli is tender. Add the lemon juice and zest. Puree with immersion blender until smooth
- 4Taste and season if needed. Serve with grated Parmesan.