- 5 lb
- 1 1/2 c
- cooked bacon in small pieces, you can use hormel real bacon in the jar, go to a salad bar and just get the bacon or cook it yourself. what ever is easiest for you. you don't have to use bacon if you don't want to but it adds a nice flavor.
- 2 c
- milk or coffemate liquid creamer. i usually use a little of both.
- 1 medium
- onion - chopped. you can use onion flakes (1/2 cup) but i think the fresh tastes better.
- 2 Tbsp
- corn starch - i use heaping spoonfulls
- salt and pepper to taste
How to Make (Best D_____d) Potato Soup (quoth my husband)
- 1Wash, then cut the patotes into quarters or eights, put in large pan (I use my dutch oven) add water until just covered. Cook until you can easily stick a fork into them. Not mushy, but just cooked.
- 2Remove about 1/2 the water, add 1 1/2 cups milk or coffemate. Put the corn starch into the remaining 1/2 cup milk or coffemate and stir until completely absorbed then add to the potatoes.
- 3Add the chopped onion and bacon. stir together until thick. You may need a little more milk if it gets too thick for your taste, but that is up to you. Salt and peper to taste and serve.