★★★★★ 1 vote5
2 qtchicken broth
2celery stalks, chopped
1parsley sprig chopped
8 cother vegetables
How to Make Barley Vegetable Soup
- Place ingredients in large pot and bring to boil.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for about 1 hour, or until barley is tender.
- Remove parsley and bay leaf.
- Divide if not using entire soup at one meal.
- Half a batch should serve 4 with addition of vegetables suggested below.
- *Suggestions for "other vegetables" listed in ingredients - 2 cups green beans, 3 carrots, peeled and sliced, 2 zucchinis, sliced thickly, 2 cups broccoli, 2 cups cauliflower florets, 2 stalks celery, 8 ounces mushrooms, washed and thinly sliced.