☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1/4 ctahini (ground raw sesame seeds)
1 1/2 tspsalt
6 cvegetable stock
1/3 cparsley, finely chopped
How to Make Baba Ghannouj Soup
- Heat the eggplant in a 350 degree oven for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Holding it by the stem, carefully peel the skin away and remove the stem.
- Puree with the tahini, garlic, and salt.
- Stir into the heated stock, then bring to a simmer. Partially cover, then simmer for 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat and press through a sieve, discarding solids.
- When ready to serve, heat the soup, then beat the egg with the lemon juice and stir through the simmering soup to form long egg strands.
- Simmer for another minute, then ladle into bowls and top with handfuls of fresh chopped parsley. Top with toasted strips of pita bread.
- Serve with warm triangles of pita bread on the side.