- 1 1/2 lb
- mushrooms, quartered or sliced
- olive oil
- garlic powder
- 1 bunch
- spinach, trimmed (or frozen)
- chicken broth
- pasta (your choice), if using dry add more broth
- 1 lb
- polish sausage, sliced
How to Make 2nd Time Around Mushroom Soup
- 1Roast the mushrooms: Place the mushrooms in a bowl and coat with oil. Add garlic powder (or your choice of seasonings -- Cajun is great!) Toss to coat well.
- 2On a baking sheet add the mushrooms in a single layer. Bake at 350 for 20-30 minutes, toss during baking process.
- 3The mushrooms can be used as a side dish, at this point. And believe me, they are great.
Or make the soup: Add the roasted mushrooms with their juices into a stockpot with all the other ingredients. Heat through, or until the pasta is cooked, if you are using.
- 4I garnish mine with jalapeno sauce and my son uses soy sauce. Find what works for your taste.