★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 mediumonion, halved
1 ccarrots, chopped
1 cuncooked rice
1/3 cchopped celery
1/4 cchopped onion
1 can(s)condensed cream of chicken or cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
1 pkgsliced mushrooms (optional)
·meat from the turkey carcass. i used meat from a turkey i had cooked at an earlier time and frozen.
How to Make Turkey Soup
- Place turkey carcass in a stockpot. Add water, onion, salt, and bay leaves. Cover and simmer for 2 hours.
Or...skip this step and use previously made stock of any kind-chicken, turkey, or vegetable.
- Remove carcass, cool. Strain broth and skim off fat. Discard onion and bay leaves. Return the broth to the pan.
or..use 2 quarts of previously made broth as mentioned above.
- Add carrots, rice, celery, chopped onion, and mushrooms to the broth and simmer until rice and vegetables are tender. 20-45 minutes depending on what kind of rice you use.
- Add turkey from the carcass or leftover frozen turkey. Add cream soup and heat through.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.