★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 4 medium
- potatoes, skins on
- bag frozen mashed potatoes (prefer safeway brand)
- 2 medium
- onions, chopped
- 2 sprig(s)
- stalks of celery including leaves, chopped
- 4 Tbsp
- butter (not margarine)
- 2 tsp
- celery salt
- 2 tsp
- 1/2 tsp
- 2 c
- chopped cooked turkey, prefer dark meat, good use for leftovers
- 3-4 c
- hot milk
How to Make Turkey & Potato Soup
- 1Cut potatoes into bite sized pieces, cook (microwave or boil) until soft but not falling apart.
- 2Prepare mashed potatoes according to directions.
- 3In large pot, saute onion & celery in butter.
- 4Add seasonings, turkey, and chopped potatoes, cook until heated through.
- 5Stir in mashed potatoes and add milk to desired thickness. Heat through & serve.