Turkey Bacon Corn Chowder
2 Tbspcoconut oil
1 Tbspvegan margarine
2 largesweet onions (chopped)
2 clovegarlic (chopped medium)
8 cchicken stock
2 tspcumin seeds
2 largeyukon gold potatoes (chopped)
2 ozcans white creamed corn (8 oz)
2 ozpackages sweet frozen corn (10 oz)
2 tspchipotle seasoning
5 ozvegan cheddar cheese (shredded)
2 tspsweet marjoram
6 Tbspcoconut creamer (plain)
4 Tbspfresh cut chives
How to Make Turkey Bacon Corn Chowder
- Heat the coconut oil and vegan margarine in a large pot.
- Add the onion and turkey bacon and saute on medium high for 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cumin seeds and cook 1 more minute. Stirring constantly.
- Add the chicken stock and bring to a boil. Add the potatoes and reduce the heat. Simmer uncovered for 10 minutes.
- Add the cans of creamed corn, the frozen corn, sweet marjoram and chipotle seasoning.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Put the cheddar cheese into the pot and stir until it melts. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the coconut cream and taste your soup to see if it's seasoned enough.
- Heat gently and serve warm with the chopped chives for garnish.