Skinny Zuppa Toscana Soup
NOTE: Only 201 calories for 1 1/2 cup serving
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 4 slice
- center cut low sodium bacon, chopped
- spicy italian turkey sausage, removed from casings
- medium white onion, chopped
- 2 clove
- garlic, minced
- 4 c
- reduced sodium chicken broth
- 2 large
- russet potatoes
- 3 c
- baby spinach
- 1 1/2 c
- fat free half & half
- salt & pepper to taste
How to Make Skinny Zuppa Toscana Soup
- 1Place bacon into a large soup pot or dutch oven and cook over medium heat until cooked and crispy. Remove bacon to a dry paper towel and set aside to use for garnish.
- 2Place the sausage into the pot with the bacon grease and cook until nearly cooked through. Add in the onion and garlic and continue to cook until the sausage is browned and the onions are translucent.
- 3Once the veggies are tender and the meat is cooked, add in the chicken broth and potatoes and bring it all to a boil. Reduce the heat down to medium and simmer to cook for about another 10 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
- 4Finally, toss in the spinach and pour in the half & half. Heat through for a minute or two and season with salt and pepper to taste. Remove from the heat and serve right away with a sprinkle of bacon for garnish. Enjoy!