Cream of Turkey Soup
P.S. If you don't like Tarragon as a herb, you can substitute fresh Thyme and Parley for a fresher
taste. Also, another member, Beth, added peas and potatoes to the soup...Just a consideration...
1carrot, peeled and cubed petite
1stalk of celery, peeled and cubed petite
10 ozturkey, shredded finely
1 ptchicken stock
1 Tbspchopped fresh tarragon
1/4-1/2 cheavy cream
·salt and pepper
·fresh tarragon leaves to garnish
How to Make Cream of Turkey Soup
- Mise en place your onion, carrot, and celery. Melt the butter in a large saucepan and fry the onion for 3 minutes.
- Add the cooked turkey to the pan with 1/2 pint of the chicken stock. Add the bay leaf to soup.
- Bring the soup to the boil and simmer for 20 minutes. Allow to cool some, and then pour the remaining stock into soup. Add the cream. and remove from heat so it does not scald.
- Remove bay leaf. Next. salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the chopped tarragon. Garnish with a small sprig of tarragon and serve with croutons