Cream of Turkey Soup
P.S. If you don't like Tarragon as a herb, you can substitute fresh Thyme and Parley for a fresher
taste. Also, another member, Beth, added peas and potatoes to the soup...Just a consideration...
- 2 oz
- large onion
- carrot, peeled and cubed petite
- stalk of celery, peeled and cubed petite
- 10 oz
- turkey, shredded finely
- 1 pt
- chicken stock
- 1 Tbsp
- chopped fresh tarragon
- 1/4-1/2 c
- heavy cream
- salt and pepper
- bay leaf
- fresh tarragon leaves to garnish
How to Make Cream of Turkey Soup
- 1Mise en place your onion, carrot, and celery. Melt the butter in a large saucepan and fry the onion for 3 minutes.
- 2Add the cooked turkey to the pan with 1/2 pint of the chicken stock. Add the bay leaf to soup.
- 3Bring the soup to the boil and simmer for 20 minutes. Allow to cool some, and then pour the remaining stock into soup. Add the cream. and remove from heat so it does not scald.
- 4Remove bay leaf. Next. salt and pepper to taste.
- 5Add the chopped tarragon. Garnish with a small sprig of tarragon and serve with croutons