Vegetable Rice Soup
Photo adapted from Food.Com
2 lbshort ribs of beef
·salt and pepper to taste
1/2 cgreen pepper, chopped (optional)
1 can(s)(16 ounces) tomatoes
1large onion, chopped
1 box(10 ounces) frozen mixed vegetables
1/2 clong grain rice, uncooked
1 can(s)(10 ounce) beef broth
How to Make Vegetable Rice Soup
- Place short ribs, water and seasonings in large pot.
- Cover and cook slowly for one hour.
Skim off fat and cook another hour.
Remove bay leaves.
- Remove short ribs from soup; cut off meat and dice.
- Add diced meat, green pepper, onion, sugar, tomatoes and rice.
Cook 45 minutes.
- Add frozen mixed vegetables and cook another 15 minutes.
- Add can of beef broth and cook another 10 minutes.