Tomato and Basil Soup
1 14.5 ozcan of crushed tomatoes
1 14.5 ozcan of diced tomatoes
1 14.5 ozcan of chicken broth
20fresh basil leaves (thinly sliced)
1 11.5 ozcan of v8
1 cheavy whipping cream
How to Make Tomato and Basil Soup
- In large Saucepan, combine tomatoes, V-8 & chicken broth. Bring to boil and cook 30 minutes on medium heat
- Stir in Basil slices (or puree if you want). Add Cream and Butter.
- Return to heat, stir until butter melts. S&P to taste
- Can Also do the following add ins:
Saute chopped onion with minced garlic and dab of brown sugar in EVOO or Butter for richer flavor.
- Can also add in the following spices;
Oregano, Italian mix dry herbs, Garlic Salt & Garlic Powder.