Souped up Tortellini
- 1 Tbsp
- olive oil
- carrots, chopped
- 1 large
- onion, finely chopped
- 4 1/2 c
- vegetable stock
- 1 can(s)
- (14 ounce) chopped tomatoes
- 7 oz
- frozen peas (or rinsed canned beans)
- 9 oz
- fresh filled tortellini (choose non meat filling for a vegetarian soup )
- 1/2 c
- fresh basil leaves (optional)
- grated parmesan cheese
How to Make Souped up Tortellini
- 1Heat oil in a pan. Fry the carrots and onion for 5 mins until starting to soften.
- 2Add the stock and tomatoes, then simmer for 10 minutes Add the peas or beans with 5 mins to go.
- 3Once veggies are tender, stir in the pasta. Return to the boil and simmer for 2 mins until the pasta is just cooked.
- 4Stir in the basil, if using. Season, then serve in bowls topped with a sprinkling of Parmesan and slices of garlic bread.