Roasted Tomato Soup
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
2 lbplum tomatoes
6 tspminced garlic
1 Tbspolive oil, extra virgin
1 Tbspbalsamic vinegar
2 sprig(s)oregano, fresh remove the leaves from the stem
3 - 4basil leaves, chiffanade
1 pinchpepper(use white if you have it)
2 cfat free chicken broth
1/2 cgrated parmesan(optional)
How to Make Roasted Tomato Soup
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Wash and cut tomatoes, placing in a shallow baking dish cut side down.
- Add onion pieces, garlic, oregano and basil to the pan.
- Drizzle vegetables with olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Place roasted vegetables in food processor bowl or blender and begin puree. Slowly add broth or water until soup has desired consistency. Continue blending until smooth.
An immersion blender also works very well. (If you warm the broth first, the soup will be hot without reheating.).
- Add Parmesan cheese and stir in. Serve warm or cold