Quick Tomato Soup
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 can peeled plum tomatoes, 14.5 oz
- 1 1/4 cups chicken stock or vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 tsp. hot chili sauce
- handful of fresh basil leaves
- salt and pepper
How to Make Quick Tomato Soup
- 1Heat oil in large pan over medium heat, add onion and saute for 4 to 5 minutes, stirring til soft.
- 2Add tomatoes and their juices, stock, tomato paste, chili sauce and half of the basil leaves. Puree in blender til smooth, then transfer to pan.
- 3Stir soup over medium heat til just boiling, then season with salt and pepper. Serve soup in warm serving bowls, garnished with remaining basil leaves.