Miss Betty's Potato Soup
Miss Betty would occasionally crisp up some bacon, crumble it and sprinkle some into each bowl.
- 4-5 medium
- potatoes, peeled and cut into small cubes (about 3/8")
- 2 Tbsp
- onion, chopped fine, optional
- 4 c
- 1/4 c
- salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Miss Betty's Potato Soup
- 1Place potatoes, onion, salt, pepper, butter and milk in a 4 quart pan. Bring slowly to just a boil. Turn heat down a little - you want the soup just at boiling; less than a full boil, more than a simmer. Stir often. this is important, milk scorches easily. Cook until potatoes are done, about 20 minutes or so.
- 2Remove from heat. Using a stick blender, give the soup 3-4 pulses. (The more you pulse, the small the pieces of potato.)
- 3Check seasonings and serve.