Kraft's French Onion Soup with Bacon
Weight watcher points: 5
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 4 slice
- bacon, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 3 large
- spanish onions, thinly sliced, separated into rings
- 2 can(s)
- (14 1/2 oz each) beef broth
- 1/2 tsp
- black pepper
- 1/4 tsp
- dried thyme leaves
- 5 slice
- italian bread, toasted
- 1 c
- kraft shredded italian five cheese with a touch of philadelphia
- 2 Tbsp
- grated parmesan cheese
How to Make Kraft's French Onion Soup with Bacon
- 1Cook bacon in large saucepan until crisp. Remove bacon from pan with slotted spoon, reserving 2 Tbsp drippings in pan; drain on paper towels. Add onions to reserved drippings; cover. Cook on medium heat 5 minutes. Uncover; cook 15 minutes or until onions are golden brown, stirring frequently. Add broth, pepper and thyme; stir. Simmer 15 minutes. Stir in bacon.
- 2Heat broiler. Ladle soup into 5 ovenproof bowls; top with toast and cheeses.
- 3Broil, 4 inches from heat, 2-3 minutes or until shredded cheese is melted and lightly browned.
- 4*Substitute: Prepare using French bread slices.