Irish Potato Soup
*This can be adapted to be made in a crock pot, but will be just a bit thinner.
4 mediumrusset potatoes
2 mediumonions, diced
1/2 chalf and half
1/2 lbsmoked sausage, sliced (optional)
How to Make Irish Potato Soup
- Peel and slice the potatoes.
Put potatoes into a soup pot with water, onions, and bay leaf.
- Simmer covered for 45 minutes.
- Working in batches puree soup.
- Add half and half, salt, and pepper. Also add the smoked sausage if using.
- Cook for 15 minutes on LOW just until heated thoroughly WITHOUT boiling/scalding the half and half.
- Add butter for flavor and richness and serve.