Irish Potato Soup
*This can be adapted to be made in a crock pot, but will be just a bit thinner.
- 4 medium
- russet potatoes
- 1 qt
- 2 medium
- onions, diced
- bay leaf
- 1/2 c
- half and half
- 2 tsp
- 1/2 tsp
- 3 Tbsp
- 1/2 lb
- smoked sausage, sliced (optional)
How to Make Irish Potato Soup
- 1Peel and slice the potatoes.
Put potatoes into a soup pot with water, onions, and bay leaf.
- 2Simmer covered for 45 minutes.
- 3Working in batches puree soup.
- 4Add half and half, salt, and pepper. Also add the smoked sausage if using.
- 5Cook for 15 minutes on LOW just until heated thoroughly WITHOUT boiling/scalding the half and half.
- 6Add butter for flavor and richness and serve.