Hearty roasted vegetable and herb soup the kids wi
Season with a little salt and pepper and pop them in the oven to roast for about 15 minutes. You don’t want them tto soften too much or they will fall apart in your soup. When the veggies are done, add them to vegetable broth in a dutch oven, on medium high heat. Stir in dr
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 2 l
- leeks (cleaned tops removed) white parts chopped large
- tomatoes, quartered
- 1 medium
- red onion, chopped (large pieces)
- whole carrots, chopped (about 1" pieces)
- 2 clove
- garlic, chopped
- 2 Tbsp
- olive oil
- 32 oz cans vegetable broth
- 1 Tbsp
- dried basil
- 1 tsp
- ground sage
- salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Hearty roasted vegetable and herb soup the kids wi
- 11.Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 22.Spread leeks, tomatoes, pearl onions, carrots and garlic on a lipped cookie sheet and drizzle olive oil over vegetables; toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper. Roast vegetables, uncovered, 15-20 minutes, stirring halfway through. Remove from oven, set aside.
- 33.Pour vegetable broth into Dutch oven; heat on medium high. Add roasted vegetables and stir in basil and sage. Bring to a boil then reduce heat; simmer uncovered about 20 minutes.
- 44.Add salt and pepper to taste and enjoy.