Hamburger stew. Aka the infamous hunter stew
2 lbground turkey ,beef celery ribs, thinly sliced 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed 2 cups wate2 cup uncooked long grain
2 mediumonions chopped
4 can(s)stewed tomato 141/2 ozs each (1lb - 2lbs fresh)
8 mediumcarrots , thinly sliced
4 stickcelery ribs, thinly sliced
2 mediumpotatoe , peeled and cubed
2 crice, uncooked , long grain
1 1/2 - 2 Tbspsalt
·additional ingredient (for each batch of stew): 1 cup water
How to Make Hamburger stew. Aka the infamous hunter stew
- TIP AND REMINDER
ADDITIONAL INGREDIENT (for each batch of stew):
1 cup water
- In a Dutch oven, cook beef and onions over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the tomatoes, carrots, celery, potatoes, water, rice, salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until vegetables and rice are tender.
Uncover; simmer 20-30 minutes longer or until thickened.
- Add tomatoes carrots, celery potatoes, rice and seasonings. Bring to boil
- Reduce heat simmer covered 20 or til veggies are tender
- Uncover simmer 30 mins , til thickened
- Freeze in 3-cup portions for up to 3 months.
To use frozen stew: Thaw in the refrigerator for 24 hours. Transfer to a saucepan; add water. Cook until hot and bubbly.