Golden Beet - Carrot Soup
To make this soup vegetarian; substitute chicken broth with vegetable broth.
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 large carrots, peeled & sliced
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 golden beets, sliced
- 2 cups chopped greens (kale, chard, spinach)
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- ½ tsp. dried, ground sage
- salt & pepper, to taste
- ½ tsp. turmeric
How to Make Golden Beet - Carrot Soup
- 1In a large soup pot or Dutch oven, sauté the onions, crushed garlic, celery, carrots and golden beets in 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Sprinkle in the seasonings and stir to coat the vegetables.
- 2When onions have cooked enough to give them a clear appearance, pour in about ½ cup water and simmer until carrots and beets are tender.
- 3When vegetables are finished cooking, layer the mixed greens on top of vegetables cover and continue to simmer for about three minutes.
- 4Pour chicken broth over the greens and stir. Heat thoroughly and season to taste with salt and pepper.