☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
2 Tbspolive oil
22 medium carrots, thinly sliced
2stalks celery, thinly sliced
1small onion, chopped
1/2 tspgarlic powder
1-2medium zucchini, chopped
1 Tbspdried basil
1 5.6 oz boxhamburger helper
1 15 oz. can(s)dark red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
1 14.5 oz can(s)diced tomatoes with basil, garlic and oregano, undrained
How to Make Easy Camping Minestrone
- AT HOME:
- Chop the vegetables & place them in zip lock bags. Refrigerate/freeze them prior to leaving for the trip.
- Combine powder spices and place in a zip lock bag.
- AT CAMP:
- Light a generous amount of briquettes.
- Lightly oil or spray dutch oven.
- Saute oil, carrots, celery, onion and garlic over a full compliment of coals until vegetables are almost tender, about 10 minutes.
- Move bottom coals to a ring around base of dutch oven. Stir in zucchini, basil, uncooked pasta and sauce mix (from Hamburger Helper box), beans, tomatoes and water.
- Cover lid with as many coals as needed to bring soup to strong bubble. Simmer for 35-40 minutes or until vegetables are cooked the way you like them. Serve with grated Parmesan cheese if desired.