- 1 medium
- onion, slices
- 2 medium
- bosc pears, peeled, halved, cored, and sliced into 1" slices
- 3 sprig(s)
- fresh thyme
- 2 Tbsp
- "light tub" margarine
- 2 tsp
- olive oil
- 1 large
- butternut squash,halved, seeded, unpeeled
- 1 1/2 c
- low-fat, reduced sodium chicken broth
- 2 c
- fat free milk
- salt, pepper to taste
How to Make CREAMY BUTTERNUT SQUASH AND ROASTED PEAR SOUP
- 1Preheat oven to 400.
In a large baking pan, place the onion, pears, thyme, margarine, and olive oil.
Place the squash halves on top of this mixture
- 2Roast the squash for about 50-60 minutes, until you can easily get a fork through the squash.
Remove, and let cool.
- 3When squash is cool enough to handle, scrape the squash out of the skin and add to a blender or food processor.
Discard the skin.
- 4Add the remaining contents of the roasting pan (pears, onion, thyme, and any accumulated juices) to the blender/food processor.
- 5Process the squash misture until smooth.
Pour into a large saucepan.
Add the chicken broth.
Let simmer on medium-low heat for 10 minutes.
- 6Add the milk and simmer for 5-8 minutes.
Season with salt and pepper.