1 mediumonion, slices
2 mediumbosc pears, peeled, halved, cored, and sliced into 1" slices
3 sprig(s)fresh thyme
2 Tbsp"light tub" margarine
2 tspolive oil
1 largebutternut squash,halved, seeded, unpeeled
1 1/2 clow-fat, reduced sodium chicken broth
2 cfat free milk
·salt, pepper to taste
How to Make CREAMY BUTTERNUT SQUASH AND ROASTED PEAR SOUP
- Preheat oven to 400.
In a large baking pan, place the onion, pears, thyme, margarine, and olive oil.
Place the squash halves on top of this mixture
- Roast the squash for about 50-60 minutes, until you can easily get a fork through the squash.
Remove, and let cool.
- When squash is cool enough to handle, scrape the squash out of the skin and add to a blender or food processor.
Discard the skin.
- Add the remaining contents of the roasting pan (pears, onion, thyme, and any accumulated juices) to the blender/food processor.
- Process the squash misture until smooth.
Pour into a large saucepan.
Add the chicken broth.
Let simmer on medium-low heat for 10 minutes.
- Add the milk and simmer for 5-8 minutes.
Season with salt and pepper.