Cream of Potato & Cheddar Cheese Soup
6 cupspeeled, cubed, yukon gold potatoes
1 cupdiced red onion
1/2 cupdiced celery
1 tsp.garlic powder
1/4 tsp.ground white pepper
1 (14 oz.)can chicken broth
1 (14 oz.)can low sodium chicken broth
1(10.5 oz.) can cream of celery soup
1 cuphalf-and-half cream
1-1/2 cupsshredded sharp cheddar cheese
Garnish:cheese & garlic flavored croutons, optional
How to Make Cream of Potato & Cheddar Cheese Soup
- Put the potatoes, onion, celery, garlic powder, white pepper, and both cans of chicken broth, in a 3-1/2 quart size crock-pot.
- Stir in the cream of celery soup; place the lid over the crock-pot, and cook on high for 3 hours, or 3 hours and 15 minutes, until the potatoes are cooked through.
- Once the potatoes are completely cooked; stir in the half-and-half cream, then stir in the shredded cheddar cheese.
- Cover the crock-pot, and let sit until the cheese melts.
- Once the cheese has melted, stir the soup, then ladle soup into bowls, and garnish each bowl with the cheese & garlic flavored croutons, if desired.