Chunky Italian Style Vegetable Soup
- 1/4 c
- olive oil
- leeks, outside leaves removed, white and light green parts only, thinly sliced and soaked
- carrots, peeled and sliced
- 3 stalk(s)
- celery, sliced
- 1 medium
- size yellow squash, sliced
- 1 medium
- zucchini, sliced
- 1 clove
- garlic, minced
- 1 small
- head cabbage, chopped
- 1 can(s)
- tomatoes, canned italian style with juice (14.5 ounces)
- carton chicken broth (28 ounces)
- 1 jar(s)
- spaghetti sauce (28 ounces)
- piece parmesan cheese end, if available
- salt and pepper to taste
- grated parmesan cheese (for garnish)
How to Make Chunky Italian Style Vegetable Soup
- 1Put oil in a 5 quart Dutch oven. Add the leeks and cook for 5-6 minutes or until wilted,
- 2Add the carrots, celery, yellow squash, zucchini, garlic and cabbage. Mix well and cook 3-4 minutes or until cabbage is wilted.
- 3Add the diced tomatoes, chicken broth and spaghetti sauce, salt and pepper and Italian seasoning and Parmesan cheese end (if desired). Mix well and bring to a simmer.
- 4Cover and cook for an additional 20-25 minutes, stirring often, or until all vegetables are cooked thru but still crisp/tender and soup is heated through.
- 5Remove cheese end. Serve topped with grated Parmesan if desired.