Chilled Cucumber, Avocado Soup with Roasted Shrimp
This Chilled Cucumber and Avocado Soup with Roasted Shrimp recipe is like “cac?k on steroids”. All you do is put everything in a food processor, process for a couple of minutes, let it marinade for a couple of hours, and serve.
4 cfull fat greek yogurt
2ripe avocados, halved and cut into cubes
1 chalf and half
2hothouse (or regular) cucumber, unpeeled (or half peeled) cubed
1 cred onion, chopped
6 clovegarlic, pressed through a garlic press
8scallions, chopped both white and green parts
2/3 cfreshly squeezed lemon juice, (4-6 lemons)
4 tspcoarse salt
1 tspblack pepper
2 pinchcrushed red pepper
1 lbjumbo shrimp, deveined and peeled – pat dried with paper towels
4 Tbspchopped fresh dill, and more for garnish
How to Make Chilled Cucumber, Avocado Soup with Roasted Shrimp
- Place yogurt, avocado, half and half, cucumber, red onion, garlic, scallions, salt and black pepper in the bowl of a food processor.
- Process until cucumbers are coarsely pureed. Taste for seasoning and add if necessary.
- Transfer to a large bowl, cover it with stretch film, and marinate for at least an hour in the fridge.
- In the mean time, preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place shrimp onto a baking sheet in one layer.
- Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle it with salt and pepper.
- Roast for 5-7 minutes, making sure to turn once during cooking.
- Cut shrimp diagonally into halves.
- When ready to serve, ladle the chilled soup into bowls.
- Top with a couple of shrimps, fresh dill, lemon slices, crushed red pepper, and sprinkle it with coarse sea salt.