Chilled Cucumber, Avocado Soup with Roasted Shrimp
This Chilled Cucumber and Avocado Soup with Roasted Shrimp recipe is like “cac?k on steroids”. All you do is put everything in a food processor, process for a couple of minutes, let it marinade for a couple of hours, and serve.
- 4 c
- full fat greek yogurt
- ripe avocados, halved and cut into cubes
- 1 c
- half and half
- hothouse (or regular) cucumber, unpeeled (or half peeled) cubed
- 1 c
- red onion, chopped
- 6 clove
- garlic, pressed through a garlic press
- scallions, chopped both white and green parts
- 2/3 c
- freshly squeezed lemon juice, (4-6 lemons)
- 4 tsp
- coarse salt
- 1 tsp
- black pepper
- 2 pinch
- crushed red pepper
- 1 lb
- jumbo shrimp, deveined and peeled – pat dried with paper towels
- 4 Tbsp
- chopped fresh dill, and more for garnish
How to Make Chilled Cucumber, Avocado Soup with Roasted Shrimp
- 1Place yogurt, avocado, half and half, cucumber, red onion, garlic, scallions, salt and black pepper in the bowl of a food processor.
- 2Process until cucumbers are coarsely pureed. Taste for seasoning and add if necessary.
- 3Transfer to a large bowl, cover it with stretch film, and marinate for at least an hour in the fridge.
- 4In the mean time, preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 5Place shrimp onto a baking sheet in one layer.
- 6Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle it with salt and pepper.
- 7Roast for 5-7 minutes, making sure to turn once during cooking.
- 8Cut shrimp diagonally into halves.
- 9When ready to serve, ladle the chilled soup into bowls.
- 10Top with a couple of shrimps, fresh dill, lemon slices, crushed red pepper, and sprinkle it with coarse sea salt.