Butera's Baked Potato Soup
Daily Inspiration S
This was featured in the Chronicle years ago and was contributed by Butera's deli.
1 1/2 qtmilk
4large potatoes, baked
4green onions, chopped
1 csour cream
1 cbacon, crisp cooked and crumbled (more if using for garnish)
5 ozcheddar cheese, grated (more if using for garnish)
·chives, for garnish
How to Make Butera's Baked Potato Soup
- Melt butter in a medium-size pan over medium heat. Using a wire whisk, slowly blend in flour until thoroughly blended.
- Gradually add milk, whisking constantly. Whisk in salt and pepper and simmer over low heat, stirring constantly.
- Cut cooked potatoes in half and scoop out the "meat" and set aside.
- When milk mixture is very hot, whisk in potato. Stir in green onions.
- Whisk well and add sour cream and crumbled bacon. Heat thoroughly. Add cheese, a little at a time, stirring until all is incorporated.
- Garnish with chives. Add a sprinkling of grated cheese and crumbled bacon.