Broccoli Cheese Soup
- 6 Tbsp
- butter or oleo
- 1 large
- onion, chopped
- 6 Tbsp
- 2 tsp
- garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp
- 32 oz
- chicken broth
- 1 can(s)
- cheddar cheese soup
- 2 c
- milk (skim, whole, whatever you have on hand)
- 12 ounce packages, frozen chopped broccoli
- 16 oz
- velveeta cheese, diced into small pieces
- salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Broccoli Cheese Soup
- 1Melt oleo/butter in a large pot on medium high heat.
- 2Add chopped onions and cook for 3-5 minutes, stirring frequently (until translucent).
- 3Combine flour, garlic powder and nutmeg together. Stir into onion mixture until combined.
- 4Whisk in chicken broth, cheese soup and milk.
- 5Microwave frozen broccoli for approx. 4 minutes. The broccoli needs to be just barely tender. If the broccoli pieces are large mince to the size you desire.
- 6Stir broccoli pieces into the soup mixture.
- 7When heated through, stir in Velveeta cheese just until melted.
- 8Season with salt and pepper to your preference.
- 9If desired use a stick blender and blend soup to desired consistency. My broccoli was chopped on the small side right out of the bag, so I left it as is and didn't do anything else to it.
- 10Enjoy!! We sure did!!!!!!!!!!