Broccoli Cheese Soup
6 Tbspbutter or oleo
1 largeonion, chopped
2 tspgarlic powder
32 ozchicken broth
1 can(s)cheddar cheese soup
2 cmilk (skim, whole, whatever you have on hand)
212 ounce packages, frozen chopped broccoli
16 ozvelveeta cheese, diced into small pieces
·salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Broccoli Cheese Soup
- Melt oleo/butter in a large pot on medium high heat.
- Add chopped onions and cook for 3-5 minutes, stirring frequently (until translucent).
- Combine flour, garlic powder and nutmeg together. Stir into onion mixture until combined.
- Whisk in chicken broth, cheese soup and milk.
- Microwave frozen broccoli for approx. 4 minutes. The broccoli needs to be just barely tender. If the broccoli pieces are large mince to the size you desire.
- Stir broccoli pieces into the soup mixture.
- When heated through, stir in Velveeta cheese just until melted.
- Season with salt and pepper to your preference.
- If desired use a stick blender and blend soup to desired consistency. My broccoli was chopped on the small side right out of the bag, so I left it as is and didn't do anything else to it.
- Enjoy!! We sure did!!!!!!!!!!