Broccoli and Cheese Soup
This is another recipe I got from a Southern Living magazine. Had to share this because we all need a good soup during this cold winter season.
I like trying new soup recipes, but I tend to stray back to the classic ones when it comes time to cook up something.
If you don't have a lot of time to spare in the kitchen, this recipe is quick and easy.
- 2 c
- sliced fresh carrots
- 2 c
- broccoli florets
- 1 c
- sliced celery
- 1 1/2 c
- chopped onion
- 1/2 c
- 3/4 c
- all-purpose flour
- 1 can(s)
- (10.5-oz) condensed chicken broth, undiluted
- 4 c
- whole milk
- 1/2 lb
- process cheese (velveeta), cubed
How to Make Broccoli and Cheese Soup
- 1In a large saucepan, bring 2 quarts of water to a boil. Add carrots, broccoli and celery; cover and boil for 5 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- 2In the same saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Sprinkle with flour; stir until blended.
- 3Gradually add chicken broth and milk. Cook until mixture thickens, about 8 - 10 minutes. Add vegetables; heat thoroughly. Stir in cheese until melted.