Baked Potato Soup
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
6 slicethick cut apple wood smoked bacon
1 largeonion, chopped
4 clovegarlic, minced
2 tspdried chives
·salt and pepper to taste
6 cchicken stock
4 cbaking potatoes, cubed (peeling optional)
2 cheavy cream
·chives for garnish
·sour cream for garnish
How to Make Baked Potato Soup
- In a large stock pot, sauté bacon until crisp.
- Remove the bacon and place on a plate lined with a paper towel; pat off as much grease as you can.
- When cool enough to handle, crumble bacon. Leave the bacon drippings in the pot.
- Sauté the onion in the drippings for a few minutes then sauté the garlic for another minute.
- Add flour, dry chives, salt, and pepper; mix well.
- Gradually add the chicken stock and scrape up the brown bits (keep them – they add flavor).
- Bring to a boil; boil and stir for 2 minutes (broth should thicken).
- Add potatoes. Cover and boil for 15-20 minutes.
- Stir every few minutes because the potatoes may stick to the bottom.
- When potatoes are done, add cream; heat but do not boil.
- Stir in crumbled bacon then garnish with a dollop sour cream and chives on top.