Baked Potato Soup
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 6 slice
- thick cut apple wood smoked bacon
- 1 large
- onion, chopped
- 4 clove
- garlic, minced
- 6 Tbsp
- 2 tsp
- dried chives
- salt and pepper to taste
- 6 c
- chicken stock
- 4 c
- baking potatoes, cubed (peeling optional)
- 2 c
- heavy cream
- chives for garnish
- sour cream for garnish
How to Make Baked Potato Soup
- 1In a large stock pot, sauté bacon until crisp.
- 2Remove the bacon and place on a plate lined with a paper towel; pat off as much grease as you can.
- 3When cool enough to handle, crumble bacon. Leave the bacon drippings in the pot.
- 4Sauté the onion in the drippings for a few minutes then sauté the garlic for another minute.
- 5Add flour, dry chives, salt, and pepper; mix well.
- 6Gradually add the chicken stock and scrape up the brown bits (keep them – they add flavor).
- 7Bring to a boil; boil and stir for 2 minutes (broth should thicken).
- 8Add potatoes. Cover and boil for 15-20 minutes.
- 9Stir every few minutes because the potatoes may stick to the bottom.
- 10When potatoes are done, add cream; heat but do not boil.
- 11Stir in crumbled bacon then garnish with a dollop sour cream and chives on top.