Amazing Butternut Squash Soup
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1/2 colive oil, extra virgin
2 lbbutternut squash, peeled and cubed
1 Tbspgarlic salt
1 ccarrots, chopped
1 mediumonion, chopped
5 cchicken broth, low salt
1/2 chalf and half
1/2 ccream cheese, room temperature
How to Make Amazing Butternut Squash Soup
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Toss peeled and cubed butternut squash in a large bowl with EVOO, garlic salt and pepper to coat thoroughly.
- Arrange on ungreased baking sheet. Roast for 25 - 35 minutes, until squash is browned and tender.
- While squash is roasting, sautee onion and carrot in butter for 10 - 15 minutes or until tender.
- Remove squash when done and add to onions and carrots, sautéing for 5 - 10 minutes to blend flavors.
- Add chicken broth and bring to a boil. Lower heat, cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat, add half & half and cream cheese, mix until well blended. Let cool for 15 minutes.
- Puree mixture in small batches in food processor or Ninja blender until smooth. Repeat until entire pot is pureed.
- Serve with good quality French bread or breadsticks, enjoy!