Tortellini Tomato Spinach Soup
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup minced onion(about 1/2 small onion)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 - 6 cups of chicken broth or 4 - 6 cups vegetable broth
- 1 - 14 ounce can whole tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1 (9 ounce) package fresh tortellini
- kosher salt
- cracked black pepper
- 10 ounces fresh spinach or 10 ounce box frozen spinach, defrosted and chopped
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese(optional)
How to Make Tortellini Tomato Spinach Soup
- 1In a soup pot heat olive oil over medium high heat. Saute the onion and garlic stirring often until the onions are translucent, about 5 - 7 minutes.
- 2Add broth and tomatoes, turn heat up high and bring to a boil. Add the tortellini and cook according to the package instructions.
- 3When tortellini are almost done, add the spinach and taste to adjust seasonings with salt and pepper.
- 4Serve immediately and garnish with parmesan cheese.