Tater Tot Soup
Jo Ann Duren
- stalks celery diced small
- large onion diced small
- 3-4 Tbsp
- 7 c
- hot water
- 2 c
- cold water
- 1/2 c
- knorr brand powdered chicken bouillon
- large 2 pound bag frozen tater tots
- 1 lb
- velveeta cheese cut in cubes
- country white gravy mix (2 cup size)
- 2 c
- milk (less or more for desired thickness)
- sliced green onion
- 1 pkg
- real bacon bits
How to Make Tater Tot Soup
- 1In large pot saute celery and onion in butter until veggies are soft.
- 2Add 7 cups hot water and bring to a boil.
- 3Add bouillon and whisk to blend well, then add tater tots.
- 4Keep soup at a boil.
- 5In small bowl mix 2 cups cold water with gravy mix and whisk until smooth.
- 6Add this to boiling soup; stir well so it doesn't stick to bottom.
- 7Reduce heat and stir in cubed cheese.
- 8Add milk to desired thickness.
- 9Do not over cook because it will scorch and stick to bottom of pot.
- 10Once cheese is melted and blended in, soup should be done.
- 11You can stir bacon bits and green onion into soup or you can use as topping for each bowl when serving.