Tater Tot Soup
Jo Ann Duren
4stalks celery diced small
1large onion diced small
7 chot water
2 ccold water
1/2 cknorr brand powdered chicken bouillon
1large 2 pound bag frozen tater tots
1 lbvelveeta cheese cut in cubes
·country white gravy mix (2 cup size)
2 cmilk (less or more for desired thickness)
·sliced green onion
1 pkgreal bacon bits
How to Make Tater Tot Soup
- In large pot saute celery and onion in butter until veggies are soft.
- Add 7 cups hot water and bring to a boil.
- Add bouillon and whisk to blend well, then add tater tots.
- Keep soup at a boil.
- In small bowl mix 2 cups cold water with gravy mix and whisk until smooth.
- Add this to boiling soup; stir well so it doesn't stick to bottom.
- Reduce heat and stir in cubed cheese.
- Add milk to desired thickness.
- Do not over cook because it will scorch and stick to bottom of pot.
- Once cheese is melted and blended in, soup should be done.
- You can stir bacon bits and green onion into soup or you can use as topping for each bowl when serving.