Supreme Pizza Soup
This makes a huge pot of soup and it's so full of meat and tomatoes that it's good and chewy.
Perfect to sit by on a cold day and enjoy.
1 lbbulk italian sausage
2 pkg3.5-ounce packages sliced pepperoni, chopped ( i left mine whole)
2 Tbspolive oil
2 pkg8-ounce packages fresh button mushrooms, choppped
1 cchopped red onion
1 1/2 cchopped red and or green sweet pepper (2 med)
2 Tbspbottled minced garlic
6 can(s)14.5 ounce cans diced tomatoes, undrained
2 can(s)14.5 ounce cans reduced-sodium chicken broth
1/2 cpitted black olives, halved
1 Tbspdried italian seasoning, crushed
1 tspcrushed red pepper
How to Make Supreme Pizza Soup
- Brown sausage and set aside.
In same pan add pepperoni; cook over medium heat about 5 minutes or until it starts to crisp.
Remove from pan and set aside.
- In same pan add 1 tablespoon oil and add mushrooms, onion, and sweet peppers; cook about 10 minutes or until crisp-tender, stirring occasionally.
- Push vegetables aside and add the remaining 1 tablespoon oil and add garlic and crushed red pepper to the oil and cook about 30 seconds. Stir frequently.
- Combine vegetable and garlic mixtures; add tomatoes, broth, sausage, pepperoni, olives and Italian seasoning.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- May top with cheese and croutons or it is great on its own.
( Now I cheated and browned all the meats and vegetables and then threw them all in a crockpot and forgot about it for awhile and it was wonderful)
- This makes a large pot full of soup, so you may want to cut it in half or freeze part of it. Or do like I did and eat half and share the other half with someone.