Supreme Pizza Soup
This makes a huge pot of soup and it's so full of meat and tomatoes that it's good and chewy.
Perfect to sit by on a cold day and enjoy.
- 1 lb
- bulk italian sausage
- 2 pkg
- 3.5-ounce packages sliced pepperoni, chopped ( i left mine whole)
- 2 Tbsp
- olive oil
- 2 pkg
- 8-ounce packages fresh button mushrooms, choppped
- 1 c
- chopped red onion
- 1 1/2 c
- chopped red and or green sweet pepper (2 med)
- 2 Tbsp
- bottled minced garlic
- 6 can(s)
- 14.5 ounce cans diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 can(s)
- 14.5 ounce cans reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 c
- pitted black olives, halved
- 1 Tbsp
- dried italian seasoning, crushed
- 1 tsp
- crushed red pepper
How to Make Supreme Pizza Soup
- 1Brown sausage and set aside.
In same pan add pepperoni; cook over medium heat about 5 minutes or until it starts to crisp.
Remove from pan and set aside.
- 2In same pan add 1 tablespoon oil and add mushrooms, onion, and sweet peppers; cook about 10 minutes or until crisp-tender, stirring occasionally.
- 3Push vegetables aside and add the remaining 1 tablespoon oil and add garlic and crushed red pepper to the oil and cook about 30 seconds. Stir frequently.
- 4Combine vegetable and garlic mixtures; add tomatoes, broth, sausage, pepperoni, olives and Italian seasoning.
- 5Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 6May top with cheese and croutons or it is great on its own.
( Now I cheated and browned all the meats and vegetables and then threw them all in a crockpot and forgot about it for awhile and it was wonderful)
- 7This makes a large pot full of soup, so you may want to cut it in half or freeze part of it. Or do like I did and eat half and share the other half with someone.