Smoked Ham n Cheese Potato Soup
Diane Hopson Smith
I used my potato soup recipe (that we eat often) and simply added the ham and cheese. I used a smoked ham which gave this soup a nice smokey flavor. If you don't have smoked ham, you could used a smoked cheese if you want that smokey flavor.
Even though I have not added it before, I think broccoli would be a great addition to this soup.
Hope you enjoy.
- 5 to 6 medium
- potatoes, peeled and sliced or cubed
- 1/2 medium
- onion, chopped (can use dried onion flakes)
- 1 stalk(s)
- celery, sliced
- chicken broth or stock (enough to cover potatoes)
- 1 to 1 1/2 c
- ham, cubed (i used leftover ham that we had smoked)
- 1 1/2 c
- cheddar cheese, shredded (i used sharp)
- 1 c
- heavy cream
- 2 Tbsp
- all purpose flour for thickening
- salt and pepper to taste (may need to add salt only after tasting, ham and cheese are pretty salty)