Potato Soup and Hard Salami
- 6 medium
- potatoes, peeled and cut into cubes
- 2 c
- chopped carrots (optional)
- 1/2 c
- chopped onions
- 1 stalk(s)
- celery, chopped
- 1 1/2 c
- milk (or 1/2 c nonfat dry milk mixed with 1 c water)
- 2 can(s)
- chicken broth ( or 2 chicken bouillion cubes and 2 c water)
- 1 c
- grated hard salami, crumbled bacon, or diced ham
- salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Potato Soup and Hard Salami
- 1Barely cover potatoes, carrots, celery and onion with water in a saucepan.
Bring to a boil.
Turn down heat to medium and cook until potatoes are tender.
- 2Add milk, broth (or bouillon cubes and water), meat (if desired), and salt and pepper to potatoes
- 3Cover over low heat until slightly thickened, stirring often, for about 20 minutes.
Before serving, mash potatoes slightly before serving.