Polish Dill Pickle Soup
1 lbfresh kielbasa
1 Tbspbacon fat or butter
1 smallonion chopped
3/4 cdill pickle juice
to tastesalt and pepper
2yukon potatoes cubed
2 cjulian carrots
1/2 csour cream
1 cchopped dill pickles
1 tspdried dill
How to Make Polish Dill Pickle Soup
- Place kielbasa in soup pot. Cover with 1 inches of water. Bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer 1/2 hour.
- Remove kielbasa from pan saving liquid. Slice kielbasa to desired thickness and set aside.
- In a separate skillet heat the bacon fat or butter and saute the onion till soft. Add that to the reserved juice in the kielbasa pot.
- To the kielbasa pot add 1cup water, pickle juice, salt and pepper. Bring to boil. Add potatoes and carrots. Cook uncovered for 20 minutes.
- Combine sour cream and flour in a medium bowl, then slowly stir in 1/2 cup of the broth until smooth.
- Whisk that mixture back in the sauce pan. Bring just to a boil then remove from heat.
- Stir in the chopped pickles, kielbasa and dill.
- Simmer 5 minutes.