☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 2 Tbsp
- extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1 large
- yellow onion, thinly sliced
- plum tomatoes, cored and chopped
- 3 clove
- garlic, minced
- 1 tsp
- 1/4 tsp
- smoked paprika
- 15 oz
- lentils, canned, drained
- 2 1/4 c
- chicken broth
- lemon, zest and juice of
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
How to Make Lentil Soup With Lemon Zest
- 1In a nonreactive large saucepan over medium heat, heat the oil. Add the onions, tomatoes and garlic; saute 6 minutes until the onions are soft. Add the cumin and paprika, then cook another minute, stirring constantly.
Add the lentils and chicken broth, bring to a simmer. Cook 10 minutes.
Transfer the soup to a blender, in batches if necessary, and puree until smooth. Return the soup to the saucepan. Stir in the lemon zest and juice. Season with salt and pepper; return to a simmer. Ladle into serving bowls and drizzle olive oil over each serving.