homemade egg noodles
How to Make homemade egg noodles
- Make a well in center of flour. Add egg yolks, egg and salt. Mix thoroughly.
- Divide dough into 4 equal parts. Roll dough, one part at a time, into paper- thin rectangle on a well- floured cloth -covered board. (Keep remaining dough covered).
- Loosely fold rectangle lengthwise into thirds; cut crosswise into 1/8-inch strips for narrow noodles, ¼-inch strips for wide noodles. Shake out strips and place on a towel until stiff and dry, about 2 hours.
- Repeat with rest of dough. i didn't do this step. but that's okay. i made em to cook fresh. no time to dry. fresher works better for me anyways.
- Break dry strips into smaller pieces as desired. Cook in 3 quarts boiling-salted water (1 TBS. salt) until tender, 12 to 15 minutes; drain. i rolled out the dough and cut it into small strips when i made it for fresh. i gotta admit i didnt even follow my orginal recipe. lol.
- To cook half the noodles, use 2 quarts of water and 2 tsp. salt. best from what i have done to add in noodles when doing fresh one at a time while water is boiling. these noodles i made are for just about anything. enjoy.